Extending the art & spirit of PHP, Zend Framework is based on simplicity, object-oriented best practices, corporate friendly licensing, and a rigorously tested agile codebase. Zend Framework is focused on building more secure, reliable, and modern Web 2.0 applications & web services, and consuming widely available APIs from leading vendors like Google, Amazon, Yahoo!, Flickr, as well as API providers and cataloguers like StrikeIron and ProgrammableWeb. Expanding on these core themes, the Zend Framework is implemented to embody extreme simplicity & productivity, the latest Web 2.0 features, simple corporate-friendly licensing, and an agile well-tested code base that any enterprise can depend upon.
Extreme Simplicity & Productivity
Zend Framework is designed with simplicity in mind. To provide a lightweight, loosely-coupled component library simplified to provide 4/5s of the functionality everyone needs and that lets you customize the other 20% to meet your specific business needs. By focusing on the most commonly needed functionality, they have retained the spirit of PHP programming, managed to dramatically lower the learning curve, and the training costs – so developers get up-to-speed quickly. This has been achieved by:
* An extensible and well-tested code base – easy to augment
* A flexible architecture – not locked-in to a rigid application structure
* No configuration files necessary to get up and running – or when maintaining and deploying your apps
Frameworks and best practices mean reduced training costs and quicker time-to-market – important factors in adoption decisions. Built such a way that one can choose just the pieces they need to turbocharge any web application – all developers know where to find their PHP / Zend Framework code, speeding new development and reducing maintenance costs.
Latest Web Development Features
* AJAX support through JSON – meet the ease-of-use requirements your users have come to expect
* Search – a native PHP edition of the industry-standard Lucene search engine
* Syndication – the data formats & easy access to them your Web 2.0 applications need
* Web Services – Zend Framework aims to be the premier place to consume & publish web services
* High-quality, object-oriented PHP 5 class library – attention to best practices like design patterns, unit testing, & loose coupling
Friendly & Simple Licensing, Safe for the Enterprise
Based on the simple and safe new BSD license, with Zend Framework’s License, one can rest assured that their code is compliant, unimpeachable, and protected as you see fit. It is also require that all contributors to the open source Zend Framework to complete and sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) — which is based on the standard open-source Apache license — protecting your own intellectual property (that is, your added-value) built on Zend Framework.
Fully Tested – Extend Safely and Easily
Tested. Thoroughly. Enterprise-ready and built with agile methods, Zend Framework has been unit-tested from the start, with stringent code coverage requirements to ensure that all code contributed has not only been thoroughly unit-tested, but also remains stable and easy to extend, re-test with compatiable extensions, and to further maintain.
Downloads are available from the official website. http://www.zend.com